From The Slate Book Review
sometimes i’m reading a book and i think the characters are in room but then i read the next paragraph and they are sitting in a tree in alabama and i need to change the whole scenario in my head
- never pick a favourite character because they will die
I like big books and I cannot lie
They give me feels and make me cry
oh the tears they well up in my eyes
They spill to the page and my soul dies
Books more people should read
» Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson «
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn’t believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she’s ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland’s inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she’s always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it’s the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who’s everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.
Recommended by drowninginbooks
Favourite Book/Series List | The Delirium Trilogy | Lauren Oliver
Hey, guys! So, I saw this idea on youtube by padfootandprongs07. The idea is combining books and music, picking a song that makes you feel/think/anything about a book or series. You can check out her first two videos here: 1 & 2.
Here are my choices:
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson — Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
- If you’ve read this book then I definitely don’t have to explain why I chose the song!
By The Time You Read This I’ll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters — Down by Jason Walker
- Because this book is fairly depressing and so is this song, I think the two go well together.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobsky — Asleep by The Smiths & It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
- I chose Asleep because it’s a song mentioned in the book and ever since I listened to it, I knew that’d I always think of Charlie loving this song. And It’s Time because ever since hearing in the trailer I knew that it captured so much of the atmosphere of the book.
If I Stay by Gayle Forman — Set Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol
- I just hear Adam and Mia when I hear this. How can you not?!
Delirium by Lauren Oliver — This by Ed Sheeran
- I can’t help but think of Lena and Alex when I hear this song. I feel like this is would be from Alex’s perspective and it fits perfectly.
If you guys enjoyed this let me know, I’d love to do another one!?